Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Nathanael Greene Park

Since Jacob went with Daddy today to the shop, Jaden and I decided to spend the morning at the park, Nathanael Greene Park. I fell in love with this park. It is about 113 acres, and we still have areas to explore; we didn't find the Japanese Stroll Gardens yet, but I'm thinking we will in time. The park is just so beautiful, though. It is full of botanical gardens and flowers, all different kinds of flowers; you name it, they had it. We got to go see the butterflies in the Butterfly House, which was really cool, because there were tons of them, flying around from flower to flower. There is an old homestead in the park also, the Gray-Campbell Homestead. The walking trails were fabulous, going around the huge duckpond, in and out of the woods, over streams, up through fields.....it was just really beautiful. We had a great time, and I think the plan is to go back for a picnic tomorrow with Jacob; maybe then we can find the Japanese Stroll Gardens.

For more Things I Love Thursday, link up with Diaper Diaries.

3 comments:

Nancy Irby July 23, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Looks beautiful and sounds so peaceful!

annies home July 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

beautiful garden love the pictures

thediaperdiaries July 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Looks gorgeous!! We have a similar place like that in my town and it is just so peaceful. And I love for my kids to connect with nature.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP