Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In Need of Some Artistic Talent

Ok, so I never claimed to be a big, fancy artist, and I've definitely never really had any artistic talent when it comes to sculpting, drawing, or whatever the project may be. Today only serves to seal the deal. It's official: I have no artistic bent at all in my bones....LOLOL. Poor Jacob; I really did try to help him make a cool Mycenaean helmet (I really didn't tell him that a lot of parents probably don't help their kids make really cool helmets, as we were fashioning this horrible atrocity; I know, I'm hanging my head in shame right now). I have to admit, though; this is a really pathetic excuse for a Mycenaean helmet....it looks like half a Pacman covered in marshmallow cream or something. By golly, though, when we make the shield on Friday, it will be awesome! And you know why? Because it will be all made out of cardboard and no paper mache....all I have to do is help him cut it out, and then his artistic pursuits can carry him wherever he wants on decorating it.

Ok, so we still have to paint this helmet. You think it will help? Nah......didn't think so. Yikes, at least it's atrocious enough to scare the enemy away....LOL.

1 comments:

Sarah July 23, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Laughing seriously hard right now, and grateful that I am not the only Mommy who from time to time feels a serious lack of artistic talent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP