Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Trip Back In Time

My mom gave me one of the best gifts she ever could have given me today....she had a whole box filled with some of the things I used to play with relentlessly when I was a little girl. From paper dolls with their playhouse books and my reusable sticker books.... to the Etch-A-Sketch with the games and puzzles pack and my Doodle Poodle and Math Star.... to my little matching cards and puzzles that I remember playing with for hours on end. I even had an old Paas set that I had saved one Easter and played with....my felt board with all kinds of wonderful shapes.....and last but not least, my Punky Brewster coloring book, which is inscribed by me; notice the front cover here.:) ("I like, no, love Punky Brewster!") LOLMy mom had to point that out; I used to race to get off the schoolvan every day to get inside and grab my snack so that I could watch Punky Brewster. Oh, the memories this brings back, and now I can share at least some of this with my boys. It's just so fun and special!

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart May 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Oh how fun!!! I Felt like I was taking a walk down memory lane with you. I loved Punky Brewster as well. Oh I would love to sit there with you and that box of fun stuff and just talk about the olden days!
Hugs.
Kim

Jenn May 30, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Wow! The memories! I had several of those! It's so strange seeing my old toys in the retro section of antique stores, now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP