Saturday, May 16, 2009

Felt Inspired Today

Don't you just love Saturdays? I do! Today, I woke up feeling a little lazy on this dreary day, but as the day wore on, I got inspired. I had an old copy of Country Home Magazine laying around, and I had seen a window treatment in it that I just loved, so out came the material (which I got for 50% off at Joanne's), and on came the sewing machine, and this is what I came up with in our bedroom. Yippee!!!!

They were so easy, with a minimal amount of sewing besides the hems and curtain rod pockets....then I used velcro to pick them up in a sort of pleat. The velcro wasn't wanting to stick to the wood trim around the window, though, so we put a really small nail through that part of the velcro to keep it hanging right. I'm thinking of adding a button to the spots where each side comes up, just to give them a little something extra , but I haven't decided yet. Love it! So simple, yet so chic!

2 comments:

Joyeful May 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Nice to meet you, Mel! ^_^ Thanks for visiting me!

I have to try to make those curtains! I love them and they would look so good in my little bathroom--the size of the window is so odd in there and I haven't been able to find anything that will fit. This would do nicely!

Lisa May 16, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

LOVE THEM!!! AND SATURDAYS.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP