Monday, May 25, 2009

Daybook For May 25, 2009

FOR TODAY, Monday, May 25, 2009...
Outside my window...it is raining and a little dreary.
I am thinking...that I want to read a lot this week. We'll see.
I am thankful for...my mom, who has become such a good friend.
From the learning rooms...we're probably just going to work on our little garden this week.
From the kitchen...will be barbecue today; the grill is going to get a good workout.
Plus, I might just make another strawberry pie.
I am wearing...jammies, if only for a few more minutes.
I am creating...a new school schedule for summer/2nd grade.
I am going...to the strawberry patch in a little while, if it stops raining.
I am reading...The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease. I highly recommend it for all families, homeschool or not.
I am hoping...that God will heal the boys of their sickness this week; Jacob had a big coughing fit in the wee hours this morning, and I just hope he can go pick strawberries with us, because his little heart was set on it.
I am hearing...wonderful, delicious silence because everyone is sleeping still.:)
Around the house...have to dust, vacuum, and mop today.
One of my favorite things...is just curling up with a good book, while the rain is falling outside; it's so soothing.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Well, we're kinda taking a week off school, so that's exciting! Jacob to Tae Kwon Do; errands; have to mow here and at the property; some decluttering and finishing gathering stuff for Amanda's yardsale; leaving for Oklahoma on Saturday really early to visit friends; etc.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing....just chillin' with my kiddies right before bedtime.:)
For more Simple Woman, link up with Peggy.

4 comments:

Goat Gal May 25, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Mel
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your prayers. They mean so much.

Bonita May 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Hope everyone at your house feels better soon.

Those strawberries sound so yummy.

A happy heart at home May 25, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Mmm - strawberry pie! I hope everyone is healthy soon. I enjoyed reading your daybook.

~Susan

Jenelle May 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I'm from MO too. :) Come and visit me sometime. Have a good week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP