Thursday, May 28, 2009

Book Review- Word of Promise Next Generation NT

I was fortunate enough to be able to review 3 MP3 CDs for Thomas Nelson, the Word of Promise Next Generation New Testament Dramatic Audio Bible. There are over 23 hours of listening time on these cds, and they are a definite plus to any Christian’s collection or library.

My son actually listened to these for some of his Bible lessons. He liked the fact that some of his favorite actors, such as Corbin Bleu and Emily Osment, were reading to him. I liked the fact that the cds seemed to keep his attention, and they really were dramatized with sound effects, background noise, music, etc. The actors did a tremendous job of reading and helping you to feel the emotions, especially when Jesus was on the cross. There were different actors for different Biblical characters. Of course, the first five books were more dramatized, but even the letters written by Paul were right on with voice intonations and character shown throughout. The book of Revelation is actually one of my favorites, because I could honestly visualize what was being read; I could picture everything in my mind.

Before each book starts, there is an introduction to that book. Also included is a “Behind the Scenes” DVD that basically tells about the producer, the cast, and some of the things that went into making the cds. The actors tell about different aspects and even about living in Hollywood and some of their different interests.

This set is a great resource, especially for a family with pre-teens/teens. My son is younger, but he still enjoyed them. The only thing I did not like was that because they are MP3s, I can’t really play them in my car, but the set is still a great thing to have around, because even if you or your kids just take away one thing from listening, it’s worth it. If you'd like to read more about it, check it out at Thomas Nelson.



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP