Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things I Love Thursday- Neighbors and Porch Swings

Today was one of those warm spring days when all the neighbors are starting to come out of their houses and sit on their front porches. Windows are open, dogs are barking, lawn mowers are running, and neighbors are chatting. One of our neighbors is Sylvia, who is always asking us to come over or bringing us treats to eat. She is one of those neighbors that everyone loves.She loves to sit out on her porch swing when it gets warmer, and tonight I didn't get to go over, since I was at the grocery store, but Dan and the boys went over to chat with her and visit.Dan told me later that she told him to have me come over some evening and sit on her porch swing with her. I'm thinking that is a wonderful idea, and I can't wait for another warm evening!

4 comments:

Taylor April 23, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

She sounds like such a sweetie! I hope you enjoy her swing.

Sarah Mae April 24, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Me too!

And rocking chairs...my hubby and sit out on our porch in the evening and chat to neighbors...we even play some scrabble out there from time to time!

Courtney@Booksnboys April 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

My neighbors are involved/busy community people so they don't usually come sit on our porch swing, but my hubby and I LOVE to sit out on the porch swing in the nice weather.

Brenda April 24, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Enjoy the fresh air and the swing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP