Friday, April 3, 2009

New Life

This week has been a challenging week for all of my family. Tomorrow is the day that we say our final goodbyes to Grandma, and I'm just trying not to think about it very much. That ache keeps coming back right in the middle of my chest and stomach, and then my eyes want to well up. So, I try to think about other things, maybe about how much celebration there is right now in Heaven. I try to think about how it really won't be that long before I'll be up there too. Life is so short, and I don't think we realize that until it's halfway through already. Today, I potted a couple of geraniums that I had gotten.As I was working the soil down into the pots, I thought about how one life ends, but at that moment somewhere else, there is new life beginning, and all around life is being lived....one soul passes, but another enters. And you know, I don't think that life just ends as simple as that. I really believe that the life we live here on earth doesn't just have to end with our death. It can keep going, whether good or bad. It's had me thinking a lot lately. What legacy am I leaving? Is it one that will be honored and carried on by future generations, or is it a legacy that will die with me? Am I truly living my life, or am I just scooting along for the ride? Am I honoring the legacy that others before me have left in my hands? Just something to ponder.

1 comments:

Anonymous April 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

thanks for the thoughts...and the personal challenge

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP