Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Homesick....But The Angels Rejoice

As I write this, I sit here in tears, for my grandma passed on tonight with all of us by her side, holding her and watching her slip away. As her soul passed to the other side, I can imagine that there must have been great rejoicing; the angels must have been singing and dancing, for they were welcoming another beautiful, extraordinary soul home to Heaven. Jesus must have said to Grandma, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Your struggles are over. I'm so glad you're here because you can't even imagine how much I love you." I can't help thinking that Grandpa must have been right there waiting to kiss and hug his bride; and Great Grandma, totally radiant in her new body, must have been there to hold Grandma's hand as she crossed over into those gates of Glory. Uncle Quinon was there too, waiting to hug his dear sister....and countless others were there, rejoicing. Those of us who were left behind will mourn, and we will miss you, Grandma, and we may not stop crying for a while, but we love you, and we are so, so blessed to have called you Mama and Grandma. We love you, and your spirit will live on through the legacy you gave us....I love you, Grandma.

5 comments:

Lisa April 1, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

OH FRIEND, MY HEART AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

WHAT A WONDERFUL LEGACY YOUR GRANDMOTHER LEFT BEHIND FOR CHRIST.
I CAN ALMOST HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Sarah April 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

So sorry for your loss.
Your grandmother sounds like a very special person.

Anonymous April 2, 2009 at 5:13 AM  

hugs, thoughts, and prayers. what a relief within the grief though to know that she is in heaven and that you will see her again...I will be keeping you in mind throughout the next few weeks...

Mary April 2, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

What you wrote here is beautiful. Even though we know it is a "temporary separation" it hurts every time. I'll be praying for you, my friend.

Mel at Adventures of Mel April 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

Thank you guys for your prayers....it means so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP