Monday, April 13, 2009

Motivate Me Monday

Sarah Mae over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee is hosting a contest to see who can come up with the best tag line for her blog. One thing that motivated me in this contest was the "transparency" she talks about herself having in her posting, and you can definitely see this as you read....it's very inspiring. So, with that being said....


I too strive to be as transparent and real as I can in posting; I don't want to be fake at all. So, I need to get real here today. I've still been in a sort of funk lately. It seems as if it's getting better at times, but then I turn around, and it's still there. As a mom, but also as a blogger, I find myself almost comparing myself to other wives/moms out there through what we write and do in our every day duties. Sometimes I beat myself up for things I think I should be doing. But you know, one of the most important things I'm starting to learn is that my life is not the same as theirs....God doesn't want me to be like every other mother on the planet. He wants me to be me. He knows I have flaws, and He knows I'm going to mess up, and He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He expects me to learn from my mistakes, and He loves me no matter how I might clean my house or how I might feed my children. So, that's one of the things I'm grappling with right now, is not judging myself off of other women's perspectives, but to try to learn what I can and use what I can, what God speaks to my heart about.


Second, I have to admit, this one/two year Bible plan I've been trying to follow has me somewhat overwhelmed at this point, and I am so behind. No, I don't want to give up, but I also don't want my personal time to become a race to get to the finish line. I want it to be very personal and just a real growing time, a time I can just sit still and listen for His voice. So, I am going to slow it down a notch.


And third, my funk with church right now is slowly becoming a little less and less. I still am struggling with this one because I don't really feel "at home" in our church.... I'm just trying to trust God that He knows all, and He is in control. I think with just everything that's been going on lately in our lives with Grandma's death, life changes ahead, etc., that it's come to a head, and I just have to learn to give it to God. I don't feel very motivated lately; in fact, I feel like throwing in the towel at times, but I know if I do that, I'm just giving up....and I can't do that.


So, how's that for transparency? Is there something that you need to get real about, something that might help minister to other women out there who might be going through a similar experience? Share it; it can actually be a very freeing experience.


And now, for the tagline for Sarah Mae's blog. I'm thinking, "Like A Warm Cup of Coffee, Savoring Every Detail In Each New Day." What do you think?:)

For more Motivate Me Monday, or to enter the contest, link up with Sarah Mae.

5 comments:

Sarah Mae April 13, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Love your post - so authentic my friend! Remember, NO ONE (not even yourself) has the authority to tell you who you are but God!

Love the tag line...this contest is so fun! I have a feeling I'm going to be giving away more prizes because I may combine some ideas...

Anonymous April 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I have had the same problem with my Bible plan...at times it felt like I was just trying to get it done without really hearing what it was saying or without giving it the right amount of time or thought. Don't feel bad about taking it slower...I'm sure God would be far more pleased with you for reading His word thoughtfully than He would for just quickly running through it. :)
Hang in there!

Anonymous April 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

great tag line!

Lisa Grace April 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Stopping by from Sarah Mae's! Transparency is good ... but just make sure that you now go to the truth. I totally get how you feel, but remember that God didn't make you to compare to any other one of His creations; He made you, said it was GOOD, and loves you for YOU! Have a great Monday -)

Joyfull April 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Thank you for sharing today with transparency. It is a blessing to know that others are going through so much of what we all are, struggles with who we are and what we are doing/not doing etc. We all find ourselves falling short, but what a great encouragement that we are who God designed us to be. He knows where we fail and He can lift us up to where He wants us to be. This is truly a journey and we are going step by step. Thank you for sharing today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP