Friday, March 27, 2009

I Am Mommy; Hear Me Roar!

A friend from college, who is also a fellow bloggy friend, recently posted about Mary pouring the costly perfume over Jesus' feet and how we, as mamas, are that perfume to our children every day. I encourage all mamas to read that post. It actually inspired me to post my stand on being a stay at home mom and encouraged me, as lately, I've still been in my little funk and just sort of unmotivated and feeling very alone.

As a stay at home mom, I get both that look and that question a lot that says, "Oh, you just stay home; you don't have anything to do; you are so lucky to have so much time, but you are so young; why aren't you working? Why aren't you using your education?" Better yet, I get told a lot where all the best nursing jobs are and how I should be doing this or that.

I am here to tell you today, that I am and will be, for as long as God wills, a stay at home mom, and I am so proud of it that I could shout it from the mountain tops. You see, I'm not one of those little "desperate housewives," and I'm not one of those soap opera junkies, and I'm not one of those sit on the couch all day eating bon-bons kind of wife/mom. No, I'm a full-fledged writer; housecleaner like a maniac; organizer; scheduler/receptionist;teacher (I homeschool my boys, well, Jacob right now); nurse to all tears/open cuts/bruises/scratches/loose teeth/coughs/sickness, you name it; head chef with the best of them; laundress; blogger; dishwasher; counselor; gardener; designer; tailor; nanny/friend; photographer; memory maker & preservator; etc., etc......yes, I am Mommy, and I am proud of it.

By the time I lay my head down at night, I am so exhausted, you can ask my husband, I can't even stay awake, to save my life, during a movie. Being a mom is exhausting, both physically and emotionally, but it is the MOST rewarding job I could ever have; what God has called me to, I dare not let any man/woman tear me away from or make me feel put down for. You see, I could go out and get a good-paying job as a nurse, but you know what? I choose to be here for moments like this one,
and this one,
and this one,
because you see, they are my pay, and that pay rises above any man-made dollar I could ever earn anywhere else in the world.

I am Mommy; hear me roar!

4 comments:

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

I love it....it IS the most rewarding job in the world!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} March 28, 2009 at 8:10 AM  

Love this post! I feel the same way! I am very fulfilled by doing what He's called me to do!

Thanks for your comment yesterday. I answered your questions in the comment after yours.

Tina July 18, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

I completely agree with your thoughts on being a SAHM. I am currently unemployed and loving every minute of being home with my children

A. Gama December 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Amen from a fellow SITSta

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP