Friday, February 13, 2009

Received A Call Last Night....

Last night we were finally sitting down to eat supper after a very long day, when of course, the phone rang. You know how it is; you finally sit down for just a minute, and the phone starts ringing. Well, we answered, and it turned out to be a pretty cool thing. Walmart's store manager was on the phone wanting to talk to me. You see, I had sent in 2 emails to the corporate headquarters, complaining about issues we face here with the store, one of them being the store completely getting rid of our fabric, as you've read on here before. I had written in the email that I did not want to receive a corporate email back but made it clear that if they were going to answer me, to do so personally. Anyway, he was very nice, and we had a conversation, which started out by him asking me mainly what my issues were. I proceeded to tell him about the fabric situation and how this was a sewing community. He said I wasn't the first to voice concern, and he then proceeded to tell me how they were going to have a better wedding/party department in place, which I promptly answered that weddings and parties only come around once a year, if that. We use fabric every day. To make a long story short, he told me that he was going to meet with his supervisors over this and see what could be done. Don't worry; I'm not holding my breath, but I am actually kind of impressed that he took the time to call and just listen, which further leads to my one point: sometimes all someone needs is a listening ear; no judgment, no voicing of opinions or advice, just a listening ear. I guess we can learn something from anything because that's what I've gotten out of this whole thing. Maybe I need to listen more. Hmmmm....that's something to think about.

1 comments:

Rose Casell February 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

I was just thinking of this the other day when I was at our Walmart fabric section. I'm actually praying they keep it! How's that!?
hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP