Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 26, 2009...
Outside My Window...it is cold and starting to ice or do something.
I am thinking...that Jaden needs to go take a nap.
I am thankful for...a warm home and a couch to cuddle up on when sick.
From the learning rooms...we're learning about Ancient Egypt right now, and Jacob got to spell his name in Hieroglyphics today. He loved it!
From the kitchen...is the aroma of warm chocolate chip peanut butter chip cookies.
I am wearing...jeans, yellow tank, and coral colored sweater jacket.
I am creating...a more organized workspace, hopefully.
I am going...nowhere today; it's nice to just be home.
I am reading... The Well Trained Mind; Vienna Prelude; The Greatest Generation; and an assortment of great magazines.
I am hoping...that our power stays on through this whole ice storm and especially that Sylvia next door stays warm.
I am hearing...the boys supposed to be picking up their toys (we all know how that goes sometimes).
Around the house...today was home blessing, and basically, otherwise, I'm trying to take it easy, which is definitely not me.
One of my favorite things...is a warm chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: School, housework, Tae Kwon Do for Jacob, grocery/errands, possibly go to the gym with Jenn and possible roller skating with the homeschool group.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...He made swords out of his Tinkertoys; he is my little knight in shining armor.
Click for more of The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

I have been meaning to ask you....what is home blessing day?

Mel at Adventures of Mel January 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

I got it from Flylady; it's just the day I try to dust and vacuum, which are dreaded jobs to me, so I prefer to use Flylady's term for it.:) Kinda gives me a positive perspective on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP