Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 12, 2008...
Outside My Window...it is dark nighttime.
I am thinking...it would be nice to sit down tonight and just relax for a bit after this very long day.
I am thankful for...my husband....he is just wonderful, and I don't know how I would live without him.
From the learning rooms...we have made our switch over to classical education, and we are loving it so far. We ordered an animal encyclopedia for science, and we went to the library today to get some books about snakes, since that is the first section Jacob wanted to study. (Shiver:)LOL)
From the kitchen...not much today besides a quick sandwich tonight for us and rice and bananas for Jaden.
I am wearing...pajamas.
I am creating...a better organized workspace and life; I've been working on a better school/household schedule and would like to put up a simple chore chart for the boys this week. (Ruth and Jenn, you inspired me.)
I am going...nowhere tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.
I am reading...still reading The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise; Vienna Prelude by Bodie and Brock Thoene; The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw; and I got a new Bible this week, which is really fascinating so far in the setup and everything, it's The Chronological Study Bible put out by Thomas Nelson. We're also reading The Magician's Nephew in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia series as a family.
I am hoping...that Jaden feels better and sleeps well tonight and that the sickness skips over the rest of us, especially Jacob.
I am hearing...Dan watching The Big Bang Theory, comedy show.
Around the house...hope to go through the boys' room this week and purge, as well as just clean up and make better places for toys and things.
One of my favorite things...is playing outside with my boys on a warm day and hearing them laugh. There's nothing like the giggles of two little boys.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: hopefully, get through school every day, grocery shopping, catch up, etc.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...(He seems to have a thing for shoes, and he loves clumpin' around in these boots.)
Check out more of The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Maritez January 12, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

I love the names of the books you are reading...I'm especially curious to check out "The Well Trained Mind".

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Matt H-A-T-E-S snakes....on one of our first dates we went to Letchworth state park...we were walking along and he happened to step on a stick without knowing it....well the stick raised up and touched the back of his leg...he took off running and screamed outloud like a little girl....(he can't know that I told you this!!!) it was hilarious!
have fun studying!

And FYI - I am still working on the that chore chart...I had one but I lost the template I was using when my computer crashed...now I have just been lazy to create one...although I know what I want on it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP