Monday, January 26, 2009

One More Thing

One more thing, and I am done posting for today.:) Last night, I was watching an old Oprah we had on the dvr, and it had Dr. Oz (who has to be one of the most amazing docs ever, and I would love to work with him some day or just watch a surgery he is performing). Anyway, he was traveling to the "Blue Zones" as they called them; they are 4 (there are 5 now), hotspots in the world where people tend to live longer and live to be over 100 years old, sometimes over 105. These people not only live longer, but they have such an amazing quality of life for their age. One place that struck me was the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. It wasn't just their longevity that struck me, though. It was that the women found such great joy and peace in how they prepared food for their families and how they cared for their families. How many times do I complain, yet I have so much? How many times do I feel like a maid or housekeeper or nanny, when really, I have the most amazing and wonderful job on the planet?! I really do! I have a family who I love and cherish! It just really convicted me today, as I was going about the dreaded chores of dusting and vacuuming, to remember why I was doing those chores, to give my family a better quality of life and to care for them, to show them I love them by giving them a clean place to live, a meal on the table. Thank you, Costa Rica, for opening my eyes, and thank you, God, for everything You have given me.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP