Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

As I sit here watching the Inauguration of the 44th President of the United States, it makes me proud to be an American. Although we may differ in opinions and may not share all of the same values, I am still an American. I know there are many people out there right now who are not happy about Barack Obama being our next President, but God has placed him in this position, and we need to trust God. We need to pray for President Obama daily and seek God's guidance for him in these tumultuous times. He has a precious family who we also need to pray for daily as they face many changes in these coming weeks and months and years. Most of all, we should be proud to be Americans. America is a land of many freedoms, and we should fight for those freedoms and pray for our country and the troops who fight for those freedoms daily. I personally wanted a President with more of the same values that I uphold, Christian values; I am no more in support of abortion than many of you; it is an issue near and dear to my heart, as I cannot stand to think of babies dying each and every day. BUT again, he is our President, and God has placed him there for a reason. God is in charge, not us. Personally, I am proud of the fact that he is making history as our first African-American President; that truly is a great accomplishment, and it makes me proud and a little teary eyed to see his family standing there, getting ready to watch their husband/father take the oath of office as he places his own hand on the same Bible that Abraham Lincoln placed his hand on 148 years ago. So, America, stand up today! If you're not watching, turn that tv on, and watch history being made. Let your children see history in action. We may not agree, but remember, WE are NOT in charge; GOD is in charge! Let's be the patriotic Americans we are, and let's celebrate a new day, a day with many unforeseen changes that God knows about and has His hands on! God bless America.
Read more about The Inauguration on 5 Minutes For Mom.

1 comments:

Mary January 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Amen, sister! No, seriously. I feel the same way. I was very proud as an American to witness that history (via tv) and God has put him there. Let's support him, his family, and our leaders in prayer rather than belittle God's appointed leader and complain about everything he does or does not do. Keep up the great posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP