Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tickle Your Memory Tuesday

Last night I was supposed to get together with my best friend from high school; she was in town visiting her family for Christmas. We weren't able to, though, because Jaden was sick, and she was also sick. It still didn't stop me from thinking of some really funny memories that we, no doubt, would have rehashed if we had gotten together. She had come up at Thanksgiving too, and we had laughed and laughed over some of the things we did "way back when." Sarah and I both apprenticed with a vet our senior year, and we would go every Wednesday to the doc's office. Usually, we weren't at the office; we were out running around to different farms to work. This one particular time, we were again chasing the vet down this country gravel road, trying to keep up with her; we could never keep up with her and were always getting lost way out in the boonies. We were in my little Chevy Luv pickup, and all of a sudden, we heard this pop, and Sarah looked back, and the bed had fallen off of my pickup! Yep, you read that right; it fell plumb off. My brother ended up having to help us get it welded back on, but I had forgotten all about this, and I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time, just picturing that happening all over again. It was hilarious, almost like one of those old Disney comedies you would see.

Then there were the Saturday nights where I was at her house, and we would make sure to have the dishes all done, showers done, etc, just in time to sit down to our can't miss episodes of "Walker, Texas Ranger." I know, what in the world? But we loved that show and even had the song to it memorized, and I can still probably sing that song today. LOL
Anyway, it's fun rehashing old memories; since I've had kids, I feel like part of my brain cells have died away or something. I can't remember anything to save my life, but every once in a while, something will happen to bring back old familiar feelings and memories. What funny memories do you have from high school? I would love to hear them....once you remember one thing, it's likely a host of things will come back to you. Have a great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous December 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

hahaha the bed fell off! too hilarious!
too bad you couldn't get together but you do have your memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP