Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tasty Christmas Treats

It seems as though everyone has been busy baking, including me. I didn't want to keep these treats to myself though, so I thought I'd share a few. Enjoy!:)

Sugar Cookie Cutouts


These sugar cookies are so good; the only thing I do differently is add a little bit of almond flavoring to the icing, and it just gives it that extra sweet taste. The kids will have fun with this one too; Jacob loved helping ice them last night, especially when it came to pouring the sprinkles on. We had Christmas trees, snowmen, mittens, and stars. Mmmmmmmm......:)

Buckeye Bars
I actually liked these better than the traditional buckeye balls we usually make every year. You can find the recipe here.

And if you want a really decadent but easy to make treat, try these.

White Chocolate- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
These bars have white chocolate mixed in with the cheesecake and drizzled on top; it actually kinda reminded me of my favorite Olive Garden dessert. Print the recipe here.

3 comments:

Nancy Irby December 23, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

MMMMM....Thank you, Mel!! I have not done any baking this year, but with my mother in law coming to town, maybe I'll try one of these...(or maybe next year we could make them together ;-) )

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

I love sugar cookies with HOMEMADE frosting...
BTW I wanted to say that your blog is very inspiring. Remember when you were asking me for tips and help? You have done a GREAT job!

Maritez December 23, 2008 at 11:47 PM  

These recipes look great! I'm so glad I found your blog...thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP