Monday, February 8, 2010

Daybook for Monday, February 8, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Mel's Daybook

Outside my window...I think it's snowing; we're supposed to get 2-5 inches now, I guess.
I am thinking...that I don't feel very good this morning and am fighting going back to bed.
I am thankful for...my choir; singing with them just lifts me up every single Sunday.
I am wearing...jammies and robe.
I am remembering...how much fun it was being able to sit down and scrapbook yesterday.
I am going... possibly to take Jacob to Tae Kwon Do this afternoon; it depends on the weather.
I am currently reading...finishing up Financial Purity by Jessica Psalidas.
I am hoping... to finish up Levi's Will this week for Bethany House.
On my mind... Dan, as today is his birthday!:)
Noticing that...I put way too much on my To Do list today.
Pondering these words... "How Great is Our God, and all will see how great, how great, is our God."
From the kitchen...tonight, homemade veggie stew/bread and  Jello strawberry cheesecake (requested by Dan for his birthday); I'm trying to get as close to my grandma's version of the stew as I can; I found an old recipe for it in one of her favorite cookbooks.  I think I might start blogging about some of her recipes....of course, having tried them myself with pics of each.:)  I was inspired by the movie Julie and Julia.:)  Only, maybe I'll just try one a week.
Around the house... have to clean today, but we're taking the day off school; we are having a small planned break, which is sorta nice to help break up the long months of January/February.  Jacob's thrilled.
One of my favorite things~ is still definitely snow.
From my picture journal... (Happy Birthday, my Dan....)
For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

6 comments:

Carrie February 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Hi Mel!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I too enjoy singing with my choir. It is an awesome feeling when a group of believers are joined together and praising God.
Happy Birthday to Dan!
I hope you have a blessed week.

ruth stiles February 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Happy Birthday Dan!
Have a great day Mel..thanks for always encouraging me!

Jocelyn February 8, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Rhonda February 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

I enjoyed your daybook. I love that movie!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads February 8, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Happy Birthday Dan!

I like the idea of blogging about your Grandma's recipes.

I too liked the movie Julie & Julia. I don't know that I could have made it through the whole book like that...

GranthamLynn February 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Oh what a fun snow photo. I had to drag myself out of bed it was raining a perfect day to sleep in but I am babysitting my gbaby so had to get up to play.
I enjoyed reading your day book. I hope supper turns out great. I would like a veggie stew recipe.
btw I review too and am loving it.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP