Monday, February 22, 2010

Daybook for Monday, February 22, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Mel's Daybook

Outside my window...it's quite cold after the warmth of this weekend.

I am thinking...that I don't feel very good this morning, but I'm just hoping to get through the day with all of the things that need done and having to go, go, go with Jacob.

I am thankful for... these early morning hours where I can get a few things accomplished before my boys are up.

I am wearing...jammies and robe, of course, and trying to stay warm.:)

I am remembering...the Disney movies we watched this weekend with our boys.  We're trying to introduce them to the older movies Disney made.  This weekend, we watched The Sword in the Stone and started The Happiest Millionaire; we had no idea that movie was so long.:)LOL  We got about an hour and a half into it, and we're at the Intermission right now, since it was bedtime last night.  I just love Fred MacMurray.

I am going... hopefully, to take Jacob to Tae Kwon Do later on, as well as hit the library and a couple other places while out, get some errands out of the way.

I am currently reading...Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great, for a Titletrakk review.

I am hoping... to get my assignment done and mailed off this week.

On my mind... so much that I can't just pick one thing at the moment.

Noticing that...Dan played a lot of Monopoly with Jacob this weekend; they had so much fun.  Jacob needed that Daddy time, and help us all, Dan's teaching Jacob how to play Monopoly like a prize fighter. 

Pondering these words... a powerful quote by C.S. Lewis on love; it's in the book I'm reading....I'll share parts of it here: But, of course, ceasing to be "in love" need not mean ceasing to love. Love in this second sense - love as distinct from "being in love" - is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit; reinforced by (in Christian marriages) the grace which both partners ask, and receive, from God. They can have this love for each other even at moments when they do not like each other; as you love yourself even when you do not like yourself.  "Being in love" first moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep the promise. It is on this love that the engine of marriage is run: being in love was the explosion that started it.

From the kitchen... tonight will be either leftover spaghetti or grilled cheese and soup.

Around the house... have to clean today and catch up on laundry.  Fun times.:)

One of my favorite things~ watching old movies with my boys.

From my picture journal...

For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

4 comments:

An Imperfect Momma February 22, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

Aren't the morning hours the best?LOL...I get somuch done when my little man is still sleeping! Stopping by from SITS

Dimes2Vines February 23, 2010 at 4:00 AM  

Just wanted to say Hi and I'm following you - thought I was already but now I am for sure!
I agree early morning hours are when I get a bunch done.
Have a great week!

Carma Sez February 23, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Hope you are feeling better -- and getting the assignment done and mailed off sounds look good progress!

Elizabeth Patch February 24, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

thanks for stopping by my blog and helping make my SITS day so wonderful! I love the idea of a daybook, because it's always the simple, yet precious, things that we forget...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP