Thursday, January 14, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: This Hat


The story behind this hat is really funny....I love it because every time I see Jacob in it, I just get to giggling.:) (And what is it with boys that they can't smile nicely, like normal, for a picture?  Every picture's gotta bring its own drama to the table.  LOL)


A couple of years ago, Jacob got this hat for Christmas.  He loved it then, but he kinda grew out of it; at least, his tastes completely changed since then, meaning he got way more picky.  Tried shopping for clothes with a picky 7 year old?  Oh, it's just so much fun!  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I dug out this hat and resurrected it.:)  It seemed that every time I turned around, Jacob was losing every hat I gave him.  He'd wear it and never bring it in from the car, or he'd put it somewhere, who knows where.  So, sometimes we moms have to get creative in our discipline, right?  I decided to resurrect this hat and make him wear it, since we just couldn't ever keep track of our hats anymore.  I got the big eyes and the, "Oh, Mom, do I have to?  Please don't make me wear that hat!  Pleeeeeaaaassssseeeee!"  LOL  To which I replied, "Well, maybe this will teach you to quit losing stuff and actually find your other hats."  LOL 

From that day on, he has worn this hat, and now he's back to liking it; he says it's "so comfortable."  It still cracks me up, though.  LOL  Gotta love 'im.

For more Things I Love Thursday, visit The Diaper Diaries.

5 comments:

Alexis Voltaire January 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Haha, that's pretty funny. That hat is intense too!

Anonymous January 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Over from SITS.

Very cute hat - and very cute model!

Goat Gal January 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

That is cute! What a character he is. Look at those obvious facial expressions :)

Danae Hudson January 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I swear to you, I just did something similar with my husband. He wasn't wearing a hat and I was like, 'This hat is fine!' Then he was saying he wouldn't wear it into the office. Ridiculous.

Tammy January 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

He sounds exactly like my soon to be 7 year old! How can boys be so picky? I thought it was just girls...NOT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP