Sunday, January 24, 2010

My New Cave

You know how sometimes you just want to go find a cave to get away to sometimes?  Well, I think I've found my version of my cave....scrapbooking.:)  I love, love, love it.  My mom-in-law got me a Michael's gift card for Christmas, and I instantly knew what I wanted; I'd been eyeing it for two years; it was the Martha Stewart Essential Colors Glitter Set.  


While I haven't been able to bring myself to open it yet (it's just too beautiful), I'm waiting for just the right project, like maybe our wedding scrapbook.  

BUT as long as it took me to do this first layout this weekend (my first real layout, even though I've attempted to come up with others on my own), it could be a while before I get to the wedding album.:)LOL


I've decided to start using my Michael's coupons to just get stuff here and there when I can to feed my new "cave" hobby.:)  There are so many layouts to look at online and get ideas from.  That's exactly how I did this layout, by looking at another similar one.  No, I really don't know what I'm doing, but I guess I'll learn as I go.


I'm just so excited!  I love my Xacto knife (well, my generic Xacto knife), and I love layering designs....it's just too much fun!  I'm thinking with as much fun as I had just cutting designs out, maybe I should have been a surgeon.:)  Seriously, I had to make some of the stuff on this design, since I didn't have a ton of supplies....so much fun, though!  (By the way, anyone got any great ideas of where all to get affordable scrapbooking supplies online?  I'm new to this, so I'd love your advice.) 

1 comments:

Missy January 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

I love scrapbooking. It is one of my favorite past times (when I have time of course.)

I use the Michael's coupons a lot. I also get some stuff from orientaltrading.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP