Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: Christmas Crafts


Lately, the boys and I have been celebrating Advent, thanks to the wonders of Jenn's Advent Idea Box.  We've done so many arts and crafts, and we're set to do much more.  Last night I went to the dollar store and the craft store to get more supplies.  We are stocked up!:)  Anyway, we've done a couple of fun things so far that the boys and I just loved.

First we made ice cream cone Christmas trees out of sugar cones, green icing, and little candies or sprinkles.  

We used mini M&M's for ours.  They were so much fun to make....



and even better to snack on afterwards.:)  At least it was bathtime after.:)  Totally worth the mess, though.


Then one night we made popsicle stick snowflakes with popsicle sticks, glitter glue (our Dollar Tree here had huge packs of glitter glue for $1 (just an fyi)), and other little buttons, jewels, and beads that we glued on for decoration.  

 
Daddy even got in on this one with us, using the hot glue gun to glue the popsicle sticks together for our snowflakes, since regular glue just wasn't cutting it too well.  He also got a little sidetracked and made his name.:)LOL (Guys and popsicle sticks....)  


Of course, Jaden thought it was more fun to try to eat the glitter glue this time; he usually does really well with it and loves it, but he was kinda cranky this night anyway.  Still, we had a lot of fun and made quite a few beautiful snowflakes to hang in our windows or wherever else we might want them.  


We love Christmas crafts; I have plenty more up my sleeve, and I'll be sharing some more of our finished products with you over the next couple of weeks.  For more Things I Love Thursday, visit The Diaper Diaries.

3 comments:

Meg @ Higgins Happenings December 10, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Awwe that looks like a lot of fun! I love the sugar cone Christmas Trees! And the messy crafts are always the funnest! I have a son named Ja(y)den too! :) Mine's spelled with the "Y". Great little blog! I'll def come back! Have a great day & Merry Christmas!

Unknown December 11, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

Oh fantastic craft idea! We've been working on wooden Christmas trees this week for ornaments, but this is something we will have to try!

thediaperdiaries December 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

So much fun. My daughter came home with a sugar cone tree this week from school. How had I never heard of these before?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP