Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shine Your Light Wednesdays: Happy New Year!

This week, I decided to kinda take the week off from Shine Your Light.  Except I wanted to just put out one reminder.....

Even though I don't drink myself, I know New Year's can be a big holiday for parties and drinking, and many may be tempted to drive home drunk.  Please, I beg you, to please remember that when you drive drunk (or even buzzed), you're putting not only yourself at risk, but others, even potentially, children.  So, if you're partying this week, just pick up the phone; call a cab, or call a friend.  Heck, if you live close to me, call me; I will be there in a heartbeat.  Real friends don't let friends drive drunk; that may seem cliche, but think about it; it's so true.  Love you all, my dear readers....I'll leave you with a sad, but very thought-provoking, chilling thought (but this is real, people; don't ever think it couldn't happen because it did):



If the statistics on this video mean nothing, just look up the number of videos related to memorials of victims on Youtube.....this may seem harsh, but it's real....and as you know, I'm just keepin' it real.

5 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads December 30, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Too many lives have been cut short by the stupidity of drunk driving.

Tammy December 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I have tears in my eyes...how sad. Thanks for sharing! (I don't drink either, it's the other drivers that scare me)...one reason we celebrate NYE in the safety of our home!

Tammy December 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Hey Mel...I would love to share this video tomorrow on my blog. I will link it back to your blog (giving you the credit for finding it). I usually do a Video Thursday and think this would be very appropriate. If you would rather I didn't, I am okay with that too...you make the call...Thanks Mel...Tammy

Patti Lacy December 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

You are keepin' it real, Mel, and I love real.

Thank you for a sobering reminder of what alcohol can start...and end.

Blessings for a peaceful New Year.
Patti
www.pattilacy.com/blog

mverno January 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

the strollers mverno@roadrunner.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP