Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas With the Fam

Before Christmas, we took the kids to Bass Pro, originally, to see Santa, but that's a whole other story.  




We ended up having to take them to the mall to see Santa.  Oh well, though, they didn't care.  Santa is Santa, right?


We had a fun Christmas, though....we actually made three celebrations out of it this year.:)  On Christmas Eve, we always open our presents from the Pappies and Grammies back in PA, who were very generous, but I'll show you just a couple pics.  The boys were ecstatic.




Then we settle down with cups of hot cocoa (and I wish I had pics of this year's hot cocoa, because it was too pretty to drink.  We filled our cups and put marshmallows on top, along with a big candy cane to stir with.)  Once we had our hot cocoa, it was time to settle down together and watch The Polar Express.  It was so cozy because it was supposed to snow, and we had a fire in the fireplace.  Then, of course, it was time to put the kiddos to bed, so Daddy and I could play Santa and finish getting all their presents ready.  This year was a little tough on the moolah, but we had so much fun with it anyway; don't get me wrong....we had plenty of presents.  We ended up going to Dollar Tree for a lot of the kids' presents (and hunted for bargains in other stores), and let me tell you, Dollar Tree has to be one of the most wonderful places on earth, besides Goodwill, of course.  I mean, we were able to pick up big coloring books, puzzles, toy cars (diecast ones), and more.  It was a lot of fun.  I even picked up a few stocking stuffers for Dan, including a pedometer; now I need to go back and get myself one.  The kids enjoyed every bit of their presents; I think the cheapest presents were the most enjoyed, especially the stocking stuffers.  Christmas morning was a huge surprise with snow on the ground and a sled left by you know who.:)




Of course, Jaden enjoys coloring or drawing, no matter what, even on himself (sigh).


Don't Dan and I have just the most beautiful morning looks you've ever seen?  (Just keepin' it real....)  At least, he looks great.:)



Anyway, Christmas morning was filled with all kinds of goodies, what with stockings and presents to open.


Then, Christmas afternoon, my mom and dad came up, and I hate it that I don't have more pictures....I don't know what happened there.  (Mom, you might have to send me some.)  Anyway, we had a nice ham dinner with ham, potatoes, corn, jello, homemade rolls, and other treats.  Then the kids got to open presents from Mom and Dad. (Jaden instantly fell in love with his new John Deere truck and trailer along with "Moos" (cows).



Jacob's ready to try this baby out.

Mom and Dad split a calf's worth of meat between us and my brother's family.  We were sooooooo thankful for that gift; I think it's the best gift they could have given us.  Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas together, as a family....I can't imagine Christmas Day being any more relaxing really.  It was so nice to have Mom and Dad to our house for a change; usually, we're either at their house or with other family.  That night, after they'd gone home, we settled down to watch The Nativity Story.  What a great movie....to just kind of tie things up.  

Anyway, I think this year, just being together with family, was the best part, just being able to relax together.  I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas, and I hope the New Year will bring you much joy.        

2 comments:

Shelley December 31, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Happy Holidays! I'm a new follower, visiting from FFF @ MBC! I'd love for you to come visit my blog!

~Happy New Years :)

~Shelley @ http://shelleysswag.blogspot.com/

ruth stiles December 31, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

GREAT PICS!
I was one of those moms who had to wake up early to FINISH playing santa. (Gabe wanted one of those prelit 3 foot blue trees from walmart so I had to get it all plugged in and get the video camera rolling so i could tape his excitment when he woke up...well that didn't work.!) but anyways...I totally took a shower before they were even awake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP