Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Candy Recipe Swap


Christmas is well on its way now, with only 10 days left....I wish these 10 days could just drag by slowly because I love this season.  This past weekend, we came home from church, and I just decided to make some candy.  These two recipes I'm sharing are quick, easy recipes that only took me about an hour to make, and that's with doubling one of them.  So, enjoy, and link up your favorite Christmas candy recipes below!:)  


Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers- I've made these, since I was a teenager.  Yum!

2-3 packs of Ritz-like crackers
Peanut butter
Chocolate Almond Bark
Shortening


Take your crackers, and make sandwiches out of 2 crackers and peanut butter.  Fill up 1-2 cookie sheets with these, however many you want to make.  Then melt your almond bark in a saucepan, adding just a tablespoon or so of shortening (we use butter shortening); the shortening just helps to stretch your chocolate and make it slightly thinner.  Make sure to stir your almond bark, so that it doesn't scorch.  Once it's melted, dip your peanut butter cracker sandwiches in the chocolate.  Then chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes or so.  Enjoy!  

FYI: I used one package of almond bark for both of these recipes, and I still had some left over....

Buckeyes

1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 Tbsp. margarine, softened
1 lb. chocolate confectionary coating (like almond bark)

Mix first three ingredients well, and shape into balls.  Place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.  Dip balls in chocolate coating, and chill for another 15-30 minutes.  Yield: 2 dozen.

Now, it's your turn to link up your family's favorite Christmas candy recipes, using Mr. Linky.  Be sure to link back to Real Heart Prints on your own blog.  Most of all, have A Very Merry Heart Prints Christmas!


1 comments:

Richele McFarlin December 15, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Thank you for the Ritz recipe!!!! I will be making these. I had these somewhere but never got the recipe. Or something like it..I think it didn't have the peanut butter..but peanut butter makes everything better. lol.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Saying my blog was like home is the BEST commpliment I ever got! Thank you for making my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP