Five Star Publications recently sent me an autographed copy of the book, Potluck Survival Guide, by Cherie Kimmons. This book is such a handy resource for anyone who needs meal ideas for their kids' soccer team or football team or for a church function. The book is meant to help those who are frazzled by the thought of providing just the right food for a potluck meal, especially when it comes to kids. The author tries to help us make healthy choices when it comes to preparing those meals by educating her readers throughout the book. There are tips for feeding athletes before a game and after a game. There are menus and recipes included in this book. There are even snippets on feeding larger crowds. Here are some of the recipes included in Potluck Survival Guide:
- Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Divine Deviled Eggs
- Guacamole With Tomatillos
- Sweet and Hot Bacon
- Layered Hamburger Casserole
- Texas Shepherd's Pie
- Cheesy Meatballs
- Baked Hot Wings
- Pizza Sandwiches
- Overnight Company Potatoes
- Easy Italian Spinach
- Pink Lady Frozen Salad
- Bok Choy Salad
- Creamy New York Cheesecake
- Congo Brownies
....and many more. I love how the author covers certain aspects to cooking certain things and tries to educate the reader or brainstorm with the reader on the best choices and options. She gives information on ingredients and her favorite sites for finding some of those ingredients. This book also gives decorating tips for those occasions for which you are cooking.
If you'd like to win this book, you can enter in one or more ways listed below. Be sure to enter a separate comment for each way that you enter. I will draw the winner using Random.org on Friday, November 27. Here are the following ways you can enter:
1) Leave me a comment on this post, telling me how you would use this cookbook.
2) Head over to Five Star Publications, and check out their bookstore; then come back, and let me know which item you found that was your favorite.
3) Follow my blog (only if you want to); or subscribe to my posts.
4) Follow me on Twitter; tweet about this giveaway.
6) Blog about this giveaway on your own blog, being sure to link back to Real Heart Prints.
7) Leave me an additional comment, letting me know how you found out about this giveaway.
8) Place my blog button (located in my sidebar) on your blog/site (only if you want to).
Good luck! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
(Disclosure: I was provided with this product, free of charge, by Five Star Publications.)