Monday, November 9, 2009

Daybook for November 9, 2009


FOR TODAY, Monday, November 9, 2009...
Outside my window...it's dark, since for some reason, my alarm woke me up at 4am.....

I am thinking...that as soon as I can get just a couple things done, I am going back to bed; I am not feeling well, ughhhhh.

I am thankful for...a cozy bed to curl up in when sick.

From the learning rooms...this week we're studying Ancient China in history, and Jacob gets to work on a small fossil dig for a science project.  I'm finding out that it can be really hard to find books in the library right now for science....books that don't teach evolution.  So, every time I am reading and start to read, "millions of years ago," I have to pause and explain why that's not really true.

From the kitchen...will be scalloped potatoes with sausage, hopefully.

I am wearing...jammies and robe.

I am creating...I'm actually almost finished with our bedroom curtains. 

I am going...nowhere today; I need to go get my license renewed, but I don't think that's going to happen today.

I am reading...Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson.

I am hoping...to get better today, since tomorrow is Jaden's birthday, and I am making him an Elmo/Cookie Monster cake.

I am hearing...silence.
Around the house...need to clean.

One of my favorite things...is a lazy Sunday afternoon with Dan and the boys.

A few plans for the rest of the week: School; Jacob to Tae Kwon Do; church/choir stuff (we're practicing really hard for the Christmas program); writing assignments/MamaBuzz work; dentist appt for Jacob; errands/library; hayride with our small group Saturday; gearing up to work Step Into Africa next week; etc.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...(We finally got some of our pics back; I'll share more later.) :)



For more Daybook, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

ruth stiles November 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Great family pic! i still find it amazing that we are connected via blogging today...I mean we only all went to college together! anywho...(rabbit trails!) I know what you mean about evolution. Gabe got a cool dinosaurus cd the other day and we were listening to it and it was hilarious and then it started talking about the earth's age and how many million quad triple zillion years old it is. I took a second to tell Gabe that the earth was created in 6 day....he didn't really get the concept BUT it does challenge me to stay on top of what he listens to and reads so that when he does get to science class he will not be swayed.....here's me praying you feel better and happy birthday to Jaden!
love ya

oh and thanks for the blog awards. i just haven't had time to do anything with them! YIKES!

dtbrents November 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

You have a beautiful family. I hope you are better soon. Your meal sounds great. Your son is lucky to be getting such a great cake. You must be talented to be making curtains and cakes. I hope you have a wonderful week. Happy birthday to your son. Doylene

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP