Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chef Jacob's Thanksgiving Treats


This morning, Jacob was busy at cleaning his room, the dreaded daily chore.:)  It seems like it gets so messy so quickly.  With a toddler and a 7 year old, though, that's to be expected....anyway, I could tell his heart just wasn't in it, so I suggested maybe he could help me bake, and then I'd help him clean his room.  It was a done deal!  He was so ecstatic.


What a great job he did too!  We baked for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow; we made an apple crumb pie and pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing.  As I sliced up apples for the pie, he mixed up the pie crust and smushed it into the pie plate (since I really don't like to take the time to roll it out, unless I have to; it's still really good this way; I know, I'm no Martha Stewart, that's for sure).:)  Then he helped mix up the apples, and we put the pie together.  He helped me mix up the cookies too, but then his interest understandably started to wane, although we did get a quick math multiplication lesson in with putting cookies in rows on the cookie sheet.

The best part was sharing a couple cookies when they were all done.  Chef Jacob has started to emerge; now if he'll just stay interested in helping Mom with baking again the next time....my little boy is growing up.


Happy Thanksgiving!  Make new traditions with your kids; make new memories every day, and cherish them.

2 comments:

Ellie Kings November 25, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

It looks like you've hired an amazing chef, Mel. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your loved ones. God bless!

Jody Hedlund November 25, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

My daughters at 10 are getting to the age where they're able to actually do the cooking without my help! And that's so nice too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP