Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays: Tina's Vegetarian Chili


When I worked as a nurse, I had a good friend, Tina, who gave me this recipe for Vegetarian Chili.  She was a vegetarian herself, and she brought in this chili one day for an office potluck.  To be honest, when I pictured vegetarian chili in my mind, I pictured some sort of white, pastey chili with veggies plopped in it.....not so! LOL  I was hooked from that day on, and I have made this my main chili recipe now.  It's so nice because I can just plop it into the crockpot, stir it up good, and supper's basically made for me.  We like to serve it with sour cream and either Fritos or cornbread.  It's wonderful!  Thanks, Tina!:) 

Enjoy!


Vegetarian Chili
1lb of meat or ground soy meat (We actually use the Morningstar soy crumbles that are found in the freezer section at any grocery store.)
1 can of red beans (not Kidney)
1 can of refried beans
1 can of diced tomatoes (w/ juice)
1 little can of tomatoe sauce
3T chilli powder
1tea garlic powder
1T molasses or brown sugar
1tea crushed red pepper
1/4tea cayenne
Salt & Pepper

Put all of these ingredients into your crockpot or slow cooker, and stir together well.  Then let cook for the afternoon or until done. 

For more great recipes, visit Lisa at BlessedwithGrace.

2 comments:

Brenda October 26, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

I make beans every Monday, this looks like a great recipe to add to my collection.

Unknown October 27, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I love a GREAT!!! chili recipe. I will have to add this to my recipe box.
Geri

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP