Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson

Tracie Peterson has to be one of my favorite Christian authors, so when I had the opportunity to review one of her books, I jumped. Dawn's Prelude is the first book in the Song of Alaska series. Tracie has a way of telling a story, as to capture your attention and keep you on your toes and wanting more. The story is in the Christian romance genre, with suspense and action tied in as well. There was one twist in this story that totally shocked me....even though, it really shouldn't have, but I won't give it away. Just know that you won't be bored with this story.

The story's main character is Lydia Sellers, who was married off to a very cruel man who abused and mistreated her. With both his passing and the passing of her father, she stands to inherit her stepchildren's fortune, and this is where the suspense begins. She decides to move to Alaska to live with her aunt, and while there, a tale of love, romance, tragedy, and spiritual awakenings begins.

Peterson ties in many Scriptural insights with her story, which lets the reader into the mind of the characters, as they seek to try to understand God's ways. While at times, I felt some of the dialogue was a tad bit cheesy, I still wanted to find out what happened in the end. Would I recommend this book? Yes, it's the perfect story to have on that rainy Sunday afternoon, complete with candle, blanket, and relaxation (oh, and kids napping or otherwise occupied:)).

To read more about this book, visit Bethany House.


2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart September 22, 2009 at 5:05 AM  

Sounds like a good read. Thanks for the recommendation!
Hugs.
Kim

A Cooking Bookworm September 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Ben's mom just gave this to me yesterday for my birthday! I'm excited to read it! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP