Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gratituesday: Good Friends

On this Gratituesday, I am just so thankful for good friends. There's one friend in particular that I am so thankful for. In fact, this friend has been around since college, and we've never lost touch. On busy days that are hectic and when it seems like we are going crazy, we keep each other grounded. At least, she helps to keep me grounded.:) Her name is Nancy, and she too is a fellow blogger over at My Family and Books, Blogging, and the Beach.

When I first met Nancy, we were at our first ever dorm meeting at college.We didn't know each other, but we were thrown headfirst into performing a skit together to illustrate a point our dorm mom had to make. I had to dress up like a guy, and Nancy had to be my girlfriend. We have laughed and laughed over that silly skit....and no, I don't have any pictures, but I so wish I did. Nancy had the famous yellow dress on that night, the same dress we used even later on down the road when we tried our hand at making a silly movie at camp.

We spent a summer together working at Camp Streamside, teaching our campers the YMCA from the porch railings of our cabins. We even rode a train from New York to Missouri, snoring Amishmen and all. One summer, we both stayed in the dorms, just us two. We worked during the days, but in the evenings, we caught up on old movies and just hung out. I seem to remember sneaking a couple of cats into the dorm that summer, one of which is still living with my mom, seeing as I got caught red-handed one day when my stereo alarm went off while I was at work, blasting loud music right above the vice-president's office. Yeah, that was fun.:)LOL

Nancy and I got ourselves into so many "pickles" in college, but we had so much fun together. Now, we're both married and mommies too....There's not a day goes by that I don't get on to talk to Nancy. She keeps me sane on those hairy days, and she's just such an encouragement. Through our struggles to lose weight and eat healthy to our struggles just as Christian women, we're there for each other as sisters and friends. I wish we could live next door to each other, Nancy. I miss ya so much, but every day just knowing that you're going to be online makes my day ever so much brighter. I love ya, sista!

For more Gratituesday, link up with Heavenly Homemakers.

1 comments:

Nancy Irby July 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Thank you so much. I feel exactly the same about you too! I know that no matter what is going on, I look forward to "seeing" you online and you can always make me laugh. Thank you dear friend and sister!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP