Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GratiTuesday- Fresh Take On Psalm 139

Psalm 139: 13-16-

13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.


I read a fresh take on this passage this weekend out of a magazine called Servant. The author was basically saying that sometimes we might not understand why God chooses to bless someone else or put someone else through trials that we don't understand, such as serious illness, etc. We may not understand why that person goes through what we have never gone through. But God made us as individuals with individual lives and souls, and He directs our lives as such.

That really spoke to me, because sometimes I don't understand why others have to suffer so much through their lives; for instance, children in Africa being orphaned by AIDS/parents who are dying, knowing they are leaving their children behind. Or sometimes I don't understand how certain people can be so blessed, and I feel as if I'm still way behind them, waiting to be blessed. Not that I'm not blessed; I truly am. I have healthy children, and I have a good life. One thing we've been dealing with is that Dan and I both want to buy our own house so very badly. We would like to move because we feel that God has work for us to do, but we'd like to have our own house. I see others all around here, able to buy their own house, and I sometimes get jealous....with all of these bailouts, I wonder how can these companies deserve this, and we as people are still sitting here waiting....waiting to be blessed? I know this is a wrong way of thinking, but it's really been bothering me, and for the sake of keeping it real here, I have to talk about this. But you know, that article spoke to me in such a way that God has an individual plan for each and every life. Maybe my life doesn't include all the things the world says we should have, but my life includes everything that God says I should have; He directs where my life goes and how it goes, and He knows way better than I do because He made me with my whole life in mind at the time. And I'm so thankful for that. I'm so thankful that I don't have to worry where I'm going to end up because He knows. I'm thankful that I don't have to worry why all of these undeserving corporate people are receiving millions of dollars in pensions and just "things" because God gives me everything I need. Sometimes I don't deserve it, I know, but He has still seen fit to bless me with maybe not everything I want but everything I need. After all, sometimes what we want is definitely not what we need.

For more GratiTuesday, head on over to Heavenly Homemakers.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP