Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, Monday, February 23, 2009...


Outside my window...it is slowly getting light, and cars are starting to go by.

I am thinking...that I have so much to do and am hoping that God will answer my prayer to get me motivated in a big way this week.

From the learning rooms...we are learning about sharks in science this week; spring fever seems to be drawing near.

I am thankful for...a place to live....I may desire so strongly that we have a house of our very own (we rent), but I'm still so thankful for a roof over our heads.

From the kitchen...not sure yet for tonight; I forgot to get my chicken out once again....I'm telling ya, my brain is gone....so maybe I'll make some manicotti tonight. I'm also trying to go through my cabinet and freezers to take an inventory of sorts.

I am wearing...jammies and bathrobe right now.

I am reading...all kinds of seed catalogs and a few magazines; The Other Side of Love for a devotional; The American Patriot's Almanac for Thomas Nelson; I haven't been taking enough time (ok, any time) to just do something I enjoy, so I'm trying to start some things, one of them being I'm starting to read just a fun book every day....whether it be fiction or something I've been wanting to read for a while....so today, I'll start The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson.

I am hoping... that Jaden's doctor's appointment can go well this afternoon; hopefully, the doctor can help dispel my fears just a bit. I think I'm just paranoid, though.

I am creating... trying to create a different atmosphere in our home, decoratively speaking. I want to switch things up a bit and take care of some things that need repair.

I am hearing... Dan's alarm go off and the furnace running.

Around the house... today is home blessing; and I really need to find a dresser for the boys.

One of my favorite things... not that Jaden being sick was a good thing at all, but one of my favorite things is being able to just hold him and calm him and just be there for him and Jacob. It's not restful at all having them sick, but it was almost calming to me having those rare moments in there where he would fall asleep in my arms, and I could just hold him and relax for those few precious minutes.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a doctor's appointment for Jaden this afternoon; a trip to Springfield on Wednesday afternoon with Dan and the boys; kickboxing at the gym; errands and library run; homeschool group on Friday; and I got a small writing job, so I'm hoping to get started on that; plus I have an assignment due for my writing course in about a week and a half, and I haven't even started on it yet. Yikes!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...(I would love to just sit on this bench in the summer air and feel the breeze)
For more, check out The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Jenn February 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

I hope all goes well with the appointment. Awesome about the writing job! What are you doing?

Mel at Adventures of Mel February 23, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

It's just a small job for now, but it could grow I think. It's writing articles for Pure Content, which I applied through Delegate2. Anyway, I found it on the Freelancing Jobs email. I've applied for a couple blogging jobs too but haven't heard back yet, so we'll see. Every little bit helps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP