Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jacob's Prayer

You know, kids are just little people, and by that I mean that they have the same capacity for learning and knowledge and love and respect that we do. The only difference is that they just haven’t fully developed yet and still need our guidance, our love, and a whole lot more. Jacob never ceases to amaze me with things that he says and does. Yesterday, in school, he had a small writing assignment which involved writing a letter to Jesus thanking Him for His help. I thought I would share a picture of what he wrote, and then I’ll translate for you; I think it just speaks for itself today.:)

Translated, just in case you couldn’t make it out:
“Jesus, can you help me always? Jesus, I love you so much. Jesus, I hope I go to heaven. Jesus, you are the greatest Jesus in the whole world. (Only from a child’s mouth) Jesus, I try to do my best. Jesus, I hope you always help me. Jesus, I hope you will help me every day. Jesus, you deserve to do anything you want.(that 'ineefing' with the backwards 'f' tugged at my heartstrings.:)) Jesus, I love you. From Jacob."
When I read this and went over it, I teared up a little. It is a sweet, precious keepsake that will be cherished forever.

2 comments:

Jenn December 11, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

That is absolutely precious! And what a great writer already! That is excellent handwriting and spelling for his age!

fishindaddy - aka: Tim December 13, 2008 at 4:11 AM  

That pic in the corner of the boys is fantastic. The protective embrace by the elder of the simple trust and love of the younger....WOW!!!

I can't get over the simplicity and the level of preciousness of a child praying. Meg's just learning to write but her occasional prayers are just too much sometimes for me not to cry. Like you said, from the mouths of babes speak enormous truth. How precious are HIS children!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP