Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"O Christmas Tree"

Christmas is just such a memorable and wonderful time. Every morning I love to turn the lights on the Christmas tree on, and it just sparkles; I'm "like a kid in a candy shop" when it comes to Christmas. I've been reading other blogs, and over at Tip Junkie, they are having a Christmas tree contest. So, I thought it might be fun in the spirit of things. You can submit yours too; just head on over to the link above and join in the fun. Our Christmas tree usually has 3-4 sets of lights, both multicolored and white (we like lights). Most of our ornaments are ornaments we acquired from my grandmother or homemade ornaments, which all make it very special. The memories just come flooding back every year when we decorate the tree, and it's so fun to remember. I remember, as a child, pulling out old ornaments that we had made and putting them on the tree and the wonderful memories my mom and I made while decorating. I hope that our ornaments can bring that same joy to our chidren and make many wonderful memories for them as well. On top of the tree, we have a star; I love the angel that people sometimes put on top, but the star just reminds me of that long ago night when our Saviour was born in a manger. It's all lit up and sort of a beacon, a reminder of the light of Jesus. As you decorate your tree this year, even though it may not be as easy as Charlie Brown and his friends make it look, make it special, and make memories. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous December 16, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

every year I decorate our tree differently. This year we just have white lights, bead garland, and many different bulbs. This year both boys helped me decorate it and then Jeremy daily helps to UN-decorate it! HAHA

Jenn December 19, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP